Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) 400mg Capsules
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) 400mg Capsules
This product is made to order and may take up to 2-3 business days until ready to ship or collect
PEA (Palmitoylethanolamide) is a natural compound found in the human body, as well as in some food products. PEA is naturally synthesised in the body to respond to external stressors that provoke inflammation, neuronal damage and pain.
PEA is a dietary supplement and is available without a prescription, but it is recommended that you talk to your doctor before starting treatment.
Active ingredients per capsule:
Contains Microcrystalline Cellulose as base
PEA is used to:
- Relieve pain and inflammation
- Relieve mild nerve pain or neuralgia
- Support nervous system health
Your doctor or pharmacist may recommend this supplement for another reason not listed above.
This supplement is a compounded medicine that will be custom made by a trained pharmacist in our compounding lab to the quality standards set by the Pharmacy Board of Australia. The pharmacist will need to confirm that this product is suitable for you before supply. This supplement has not been assessed by the Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia.
- Always follow directions for use, if you have any questions please contact us
- If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your healthcare professional
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, always talk to your health professional if you suspect you may have an undiagnosed medical condition
- Not recommended for use in children unless otherwise advised by a healthcare professional
- Some supplements may need to be stopped for a certain period before elective surgery or medical tests, please confirm with your doctor
Do not take this supplement if:
- you have an allergy or hypersensitivity to PEA, also known as palmitoylethanolamide or palmitol, or any other ingredient in this supplement
- it is expired or the container is damaged or shows signs of tampering
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this supplement if you:
- are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or intending to breastfeed
- have any other health problems or illness
If you are not sure whether you should start taking this supplement, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use.
PREGNANCY & BREASTFEEDING
This supplement is not recommended for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or planning for pregnancy, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use.
TAKING OTHER MEDICINES
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including those bought without a prescription and herbal medicines, before you take this supplement
- If you are about to be started on a new medicine, remind your doctor and pharmacist that you are taking this supplement
- Your doctor and pharmacist have more information on medicines to be careful with or avoid while taking this supplement
PEA appears to be generally well tolerated, with minimal side effects at doses up to 1200mg per day for treatment periods up to three months.
As with all medicines, PEA Capsules can potentially cause unwanted side effects. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you experience side effects from PEA Capsules, or if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.
Tell your doctor immediately, or go to the Emergency Department at your nearest hospital if you think you are having an allergic reaction to this medicine. Signs of an allergic reaction may include some or all of the following:
- cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness or trouble breathing
- swelling of the face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat
- rash, itching or hives on the skin.
- symptoms similar to hay fever
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about the side effects of this supplement.
Take 1 capsule up to three times a day, or as directed by your healthcare professional. This supplement is best taken with food if possible, but can be taken without food.
Store all medicines out of reach of children or pets.
Always check the expiry date on the label and do not use this product past the expiry date.
Keep in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C. Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Do not store this product, or any medicines in the bathroom or near a sink.