Before using any new skin care product for the first time, we recommend you perform a patch test to help predict if you might experience a skin reaction. Follow the simple steps below:
- Wash and dry the area of skin you wish to use for your test. If you just had a hot shower or bath, wait at least 15 minutes for your skin to cool.
- Apply a small amount of the product to the upper forearm, on the inside close to the inner crook of the elbow.
- Keep the area dry and do not apply any other products to the area.
- Wait for 24 hours, then rinse.
- If there were signs of itching, redness, burning, blistering or irritation at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.
Please keep in mind that patch testing at home:
- is just a general guide and should not be used to diagnose allergic contact dermatitis or hypersensitivity
- does not guarantee similar results when the product is applied to other areas
- does not guarantee you will not have a reaction over time or continuous use of the product
- does not account for underlying medical or skin conditions
If you have any questions or concerns about starting a new product, contact us for advice.